Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Great Summer Cookie Caper, Part 1

Coffee Crinkle Cookies

I'm BAAACK!

It's been a long time since I posted. School and life got in the way. Now that the summer has officially arrived, though,  I have a surfeit of extra time on my hands and thus, am back to blogging.
There is much that I want to write about, including continued experiments with one-pot soups, multiple failed attempts at meat pizzas  (they are just not the same without cheese) and a plethora of smoothie and smoothie pop adventures!

For now I want to talk about cookies. Cookies make the world go 'round, and I love baking them. The problem is that my waistline, and PC's waistline don't appreciate them so much. The good news is, my parents and sibs do! The next few weeks are finding me spending much time at my parent's abode as my sister recuperates from a rather nasty accident involving a basketball, a long skirt, and a rather broken femur. Enter: The GREAT SUMMER COOKIE CAPER!

Basically, we're going to bake cookies, my siblings and parents will eat them, and we will then blog about it. My siblings have consented to joining me in my blogging so here are their voices.

Brother: What is a blog? It sounds like something that comes out of your nose?

Sister: I don't know how to help you blog, but I shall eat cookies, because cookies make me and my femur happy!

So, here we go!!

Last week found us baking coffee crinkle cookies from the wondrously amazing blog Overtime Cook.

The recipe is right here: Coffee Crinkle Cookies

The Attempt


We kind of just followed the recipe, but we mixed it by hand because I was too lazy to take out the mixer. C'est la vie.

We also wound up refrigerating the dough for a couple of hours because sister's physical therapist (The Evil One) arrived and broke up the baking party.

The Verdict


Yum! And YUM! I highly recommend these cookies. Some people commented on Overtime Cook that the dough was hard to work with, but once the dough was refrigerated for an hour or two it rolled like a dream. We did burn the first batch, but the cookies were so good that we didn't really mind it (Sister: Slightly crispy, but good.)

Stay tuned for this week's adventure: Chai late brownies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment